Monday, February 21, 2022

The mask and setting

I already have my storyboard mostly complete with some details I may change later. What I need to focus on now is the fact that my killer has no mask and no real costume design yet. This is of course difficult to think of as I need to come up with a unique idea as to what to do for the mask or weapon. Usually, a killer's most defining character trait is their costume design, and in the case of a serial killer, it is either the weapon they use or the mask they wear. Of course, some movies such as psycho do not have masks, but in my case, I believe that a mask will be easier to record and have a more lasting impact. It will also keep the mystery horror element to my story and add a bigger horror element.

The mask was the main factor I have to take into consideration, but there is also the fact that I have not defined any setting for this. While my house would be a very good option for at least the inside portions of the shots, I feel that another house may give off a more creepy feel. I will have to either stick to my house or find a more suitable house in the future when I start filming. When I film it will of course have to be nighttime and hopefully not raining or storming outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Video

 Here it is in all its glory https://drive.google.com/file/d/17S6MBJXi5KjTD-x8vTLzpqTTEoYV8H5u/view?usp=sharing